Sunday, May 3, 2020

A Prayer to Psalm 139






O Lord you have search me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  Thank you, Father! You know my name and you care for me in a personal way. 

 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 
Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. Lord, you know all about me, even what I am going to say because you know my deepest thoughts. 

 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. 
 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
You are here with me. I can hardly comprehend that You are so intimately close! 

 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Thank you that You follow me even when I am rebellious and trying to figure life out on my own. Thank You for disciplining me in Your love and for placing my feet on solid ground as I repent and submit to Your ways is everything. I know You will lead me on straight paths for You will be my Guide. 

  If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” 
even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. Lord, I pray that You will shine Your light on any sin in my life or the lives of my loved ones so that darkness will be defeated and chains broken. Thank you that if any of us feels the darkness of depression, anxiety, and fear we can know that Your light outshines all of this, even if we don't see it or feel it. For darkness is as light to You!

   For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body; All that you have made is good. I do praise you for you have not made a mistake. All of creation praises Your name. You use things that we sometimes call "defects" to bring glory to Your name as walk under Your strength. 

  ...all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you. 
Help me to always remember that You already know all of my days and the days of those I hold dear. This gives me great peace, Lord. You are always there. 

   If only you, God, would slay the wicked! Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty! 
They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name. 
Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? 
I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies. Oh Lord, give me wisdom to navigate these uncertain times. Give me courage to stand up and speak up against the injustice, tyranny, lies and corruption that I see in our country. Keep my hearts' intent pure as I speak truth boldly in love. Thank you that You are the One who takes revenge and I am not. Help me Lord!

 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Yes Lord! I ask that You would search my heart and reveal and bring to light all that is not pleasing to You. Give me strength to confess these things so that together we can stand with each other in prayer as we fight against all that is not pleasing to You. Teach me Your ways O Lord and guide me in Your truth! ~ In Jesus name I pray

2 comments:

  1. Truth... Tears...Comfort! Thank you! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((HUG))
    God's Words are so alive...they speak to us right where we are!
    :_ )

    ReplyDelete