Tuesday, August 25, 2020

What Brings You Delight?


"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." 
Psalm 37:4

Merriam-Webster dictionary describes delight as, 
a high degree of gratification or pleasure

Sometimes we believe the lie that spending time with the Lord is a burdensome task. 
We think of it as hard. 
We think we don't have enough time. 
Oh! But when we actually set aside time in the morning, or afternoon, or evening, 
to sit at the feet of Jesus, it is delightful!

So why do we neglect this precious opportunity we have to be
filled, renewed, and strengthened?

Who doesn't want to be reminded of the unconditional 
Love of their Father and to bask in that love, 
soaking up every ray?

Which one of us doesn't long for guidance and direction 
in all areas of our life?

How could we pass up an invitation to release our 
worries and anxieties to Someone who 
offers to take them from us?

But...if we are honest, most of us have not cultivated this
most important area of our life. We have not intentionally
set aside time every day to read, meditate, 
and memorize God's Word and to spend time in prayer.
Even though I have experienced this to be such a sweet time, 
so many times I allow something to come and steal this 
time away.   

I implore you to make this a habit of most importance! 
It will change your life! 
God's Word is alive and powerful, sharper than a 
double-edged sword, piercing to the heart and soul, 
discerning the thoughts in intent of the heart.
His Word really will speak to you, where you are,
as you persistently sit before Him with a hungry
and humble heart. 
He has fed me, O has He fed me! And I have tasted and
seen that the Lord is good! 
This is the one challenge I have done the best at, 
and God has rebuked, corrected, challenged, 
and freed me in so many ways. 
And I know He will continue to! 

Psalm 119 is a beautiful passage that shows how David loved to
meditate on the Word and that he knew from experience
that God's ways were always the way of life, joy, and peace. 

"I will meditate on Your precepts and think about Your ways. I delight in Your statutes; I will not forget your Word."

"I am weary from grief; strengthen me through Your Word"

"Help me to stay on the path of Your commands, 
for I take pleasure in it." 

"I will walk freely in an open place because I love Your precepts."

"Lord, the earth is filled with Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes."

"Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding so that I may learn Your commands." 

"Your Word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path."

"Since I love Your commands more than gold, even the purest gold, I carefully follow all Your precepts and hate every false way."

Jump in with both feet! Today! See how good it is to sit with
the One who loves you most and knows you fully!

If you need a little guide to start studying, I have been using the 
book The Good Portion by Heidi Baird. 
Make sure you write out your thoughts and/or prayers too. 
It helps to put things on paper.

May the Lord bless you and keep you; 
may His face shine on you and give you His peace.
🤍❤🤍

1 comment: